- (203) 816-5575 Fairfield County
- (860) 606-7023 Hartford County
Alice M. Osedach PowersAttorney
Alice Osedach Powers practices in the areas of criminal defense and habeas corpus law. We are excited to be welcoming her to the firm’s growing elder law practice. She is admitted to the practice of law in the State of Connecticut and the United States Supreme Court.
Alice joined the firm in August 2021. Before joining the firm, she worked as an attorney for the Connecticut Division of Public Defender Services. Alice has extensive experience representing clients in all stages of the criminal process from pretrial, trial, and on appeal. While working as a public defender, Alice also taught the Appellate Defense Clinic at Quinnipiac University School of Law. She is a conscientious, empathetic, and zealous advocate that is guided by a client-centered approach to representation. Prior to law school, Alice worked for a large financial services company in New York City.
Some of Alice’s notable cases include the following:
- State of Connecticut v. Craig Kallberg, 326 Conn. 1 (2017).
- State of Connecticut v. Nathaniel S., 323 Conn. 290 (2016).
- State of Connecticut v. Dustin Ruocco, 322 Conn. 796 (2016).
- State of Connecticut v. Velmon Danny Braswell, 318 Conn. 815 (2015).
- State of Connecticut v. Ada Mangual, 311 Conn. 182 (2014).
- State of Connecticut v. Christopher Shaw, 312 Conn. 85 (2014).
- State of Connecticut v. Keir Johnson, 301 Conn. 630 (2011).
Alice graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 1988, where she received a Juris Doctor degree, and from Fairfield University in 1983, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance.